Saturday, October 13, 2007

Pink ribbons everywhere!

I can't believe it ... this disease has hit close to home now. My cousin's wife, Kim Klein, was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. Kim and Randy have 3 children and Kim has been going to law school to finish her education. Even though they have insurance, the out of pocket expenses are still staggering. Kim started a blog to chronicle her journey through breast cancer, and now her blog has been chosen as one of 20 finalists for a $10,000 scholarship!

Please take a look at Kim's blog (http://blawgcoop.com/lawmom/) and help her win this honor and the money to continue with law school. And please add Kim and her family to your prayer list. With all the love we have in this Ethiopian adoption community, I am sure there is room left for one Law Mom who needs our support and encouragement!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Becky, thank you so much for posting this! I appreciate your love and support more than I can say!

Quinn Girls said...

I cast my vote. It looks like she is ahead. What a strong woman. Thanks for sharing.

Momma said...

Becky ~~
The vote is in ~~ Kim's our girl! What an inspiration stemming from such a dreadful disease. She and her family are in my prayers.

Mary Ann