Sunday, July 15, 2007

A new beginning?????

Last night during dinner, I was telling Aschalo, Genet & Yesalemush once again that we are working hard to find them a family. Carson said, "But we are a family. You don't have to find someone else because we are a family." These kids will always be part of our lives, no matter where they may live or who becomes their new family! We are tied to them forever! Carson has been very sad today, knowing that this is our last day with the kids. He told me again last night that he does not want them to go. When I told him that they had to go, he asked me if they will be coming back. We pray that one of you out there, reading this blog, will be bringing these kids home to America to begin their new lives!!

What else can I say about them? Saying "they are great" pales in comparison to our two weeks with them. They are so happy, vivacious, loving, and generous. We had such a good time last night looking at and printing all the pictures from the last two weeks. Some of our best laughs have come from trying to understand each other. Yesalemush just rambles to me in Amharic like I am supposed to know what she is saying, and I do the same to her in English. Then we laugh about it. Last night, she kept trying to ask me something and Aschalo was in the other room yelling something out in Amharic and laughing. He comes in the room and says, "Mommy, mommy ... listen to me. Don't listen to her. She is ..." I think he was going for "silly" but I interjected with "crazy" and they all burst into laughter. You know the hand signal for crazy ... point at your head and circle your finger round and round? Well, apparently that hand gesture is universal!
We are so blessed to have had these kids in our lives for these two very short weeks. They were a delight and we will miss them dearly. Aschalo is 16 years old already and will be 17 in December. Even though Ethiopia is a wonderful country and loves their children, the life he will go back to there, living in the boys orphanage, makes me very sad. We will pray every night that there is a family here in America or in Europe who wants to make these three precious kids part of their family. Will it be you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only someone could at least adopt the young man right away before he ages out of the system. Then pursue the girls? maybe neighbors or siblings (Americans) could adopt the girls so they would at least be near each other? My heart aches reading their story. I wish I had a house, a bunch of bucks just so I could fill a house with those beautiful faces.

Renee said...

We are currently working with Gladney to adopt our first child from Ethiopia. These children touch my heart. I'm going to add your information to my blog to try help spread the word. They are in my thoughts and prayers.
Renee
www.wewillbringthemhome.blogspot.com