Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Kalkidan Faye-Sophia Page is 3 years old today!!!


I think I like all this attention! Birthdays are cool!

We finally have a normal little girl! No longer do we have a scared, confused child going through the pains of adoption transition ... who are you people? why should I have to listen to you? what am I doing here? you're not the boss of me! It's all gone! Kali has always been a sweet girl, full of hugs and kisses, but that change we've noticed over the past few weeks ... it's the acceptance of all of us as her family. Oh don't get me wrong ... she still wants everything to be hers and to have it all her way, but the defiance that came with it for the past few months is gone. I don't think I've seen the one shoulder "go jump off a bridge" shrug in several weeks. She knows we love her and we're pretty sure she loves us back ... at least she tells us that every night at bedtime!


And her hair is finally getting longer .....


My first attempt at Afro Puffs! I am sure there are African American women out there shaking their heads thinking, "what have you done to that poor child's head?", but Kali and I liked it! She couldn't stop staring at herself in the mirror and smiling!

3 comments:

The Elliott Family said...

Her hair looks awesome! I can't wait to do that to Pipers!

Happy birthday Kali! We'll see you soon!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Kali!

Becky, I am your cousin Randy's wife, Kim. Kathy shared your blog address with me recently and I have been catching up on your story in the last couple of weeks. We are so happy and excited for you here in Illinois and Wisconsin. It sounds like things are going really well, and I am so glad. Kali is beautiful, as is your whole family.

Quinn Girls said...

Happy Birthday Kali.

I love the puffs.

Maria