Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!


What a glorious day for Mother's Day!! Here in north central Texas, the sun is shining and the weather is probably in the low 70's ... perfect for breakfast on the patio! For all of the mothers who are in Ethiopia right now with your new children, I know this is the best Mother's Day present you will ever get! My own sweet boy, Carson, just couldn't wait to wake me up and show me the cool music-playing Batman card that he personally picked out for me! He was so proud! Last night, my other sweet boy, Jordan, and I spent the evening having dinner and seeing the Ft Worth Symphony's performance of Beethoven's 9th, one of my favorites. I saw the sparkle in his eyes when the chorus kicked in and I knew that he would have given anything to be up there on stage singing with them! I hope he is able to get back into a choir when he gets to St. Edwards in August. It has been a year now since he was part of any choir and I know he misses it dearly.

To all the mothers I know, have a perfect Mother's Day with your children and treasure them always!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you started this blog. My husband and I are hoping to adopt from Ethiopia some day and we are torn between requesting an infant or toddler. I love the baby stage so at times I lean that way. We have a biological son though and since we already got to experience that baby stage should we consider a toddler who might be harder to place?

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to read more.