Friday, June 1, 2007

Another suitcase?

Well, in our best efforts to get all things packed to take to Ethiopia, we completely forgot about the souvenirs we will be bringing home with us. Hmmm ... wondering if I should unpack one of the boxes and repack into a 3rd suitcase so that we have an empty souvenir suitcase ... something to ponder over the weekend.

If Gladney offers another Ethiopia training seminar anytime in the near future, GO TO IT! It was very informative and we met the nicest women who are both originally from Ethiopia. One of the pieces of information given was that most of the Christians in Ethiopia are Orthodox Christian. I must admit that I have never known what "orthodox" really meant when referring to the church, so it got me thinking and I looked it up on the web when we got home. I was raised in the Catholic church and Rick was raised in the Baptist church. Seems our little girl's faith will be closer to a Catholic upbringing than Baptist ... wonder if that means I will convince Rick to try a Catholic mass again??

Two more days ...

3 comments:

The Elliott Family said...

Oh, Becky,

I am traveling with the ugliest 1970s suitcase you have ever seen, as one of our pieces of luggage. I remember my mom using it when I was a small child. I am thoroughly embarrassed to bring the thing, but I'm not spending a fortune for another supersize suitcase. I figured we can leave it there for them and use the other suitcase w/the rest of the humanitarian aid in it for souvenirs. Maybe you find something at a Goodwill? When I go to Haiti for our mission trips, on the plane I bring a backpack (as my purse) and a carry-on suitcase so that I have more space. I have never had any problems w/doing that before.

The Elliott Family said...

Oh, and it is ORANGE!

The Elliott Family said...

Thanks for mentioning the transit visa thing...guess we will be leaving early, then!

Ya'll have a fantastic trip and thanks for everything!

Rach